About the Genie

My photo
Suzie is a former Equity Trader, full-time Advertising and Marketing student and Mother of two teenage wonders. In her spare time she wishes for more spare time and will almost always be seen wearing Chuck Taylor Converse shoes.

Sunday 22 February 2015

There's a black fly in my chardonnay...

Now that I have effectively granted myself a lifetime of wishes, I am at a loss where to start.  So I am going to be pretty general with this one...

I wish the landscape of life were more daisies, less prickly thorn bush.

For the sake of wanting to believe that karma is a fair and reasonable lady, I spend my life trying to please her.  My expectations in return are not grand, but I am starting to feel that my efforts far outweigh her contribution to this mutual agreement.  Perhaps I should have gotten it in writing.

The reality is that most of the time I feel as though I am acting out that Alanis Morissette song about everything being ironic, but it's not actually irony, just really sucky.

So in my limited research to find a graphic to attach to this post, I found this:


"The Gerenuk, also known as the Waller’s gazelle, is a long-necked species of antelope found in dry thorn bush scrub and desert in Eastern Africa. The word gerenuk comes from the Somali language, meaning “giraffe-necked”. Gerenuks have a relatively small head for their body, but their eyes and ears are proportionately large. Gerenuks seldom graze but browse on prickly bushes and trees, such as acacias. They can reach higher branches and twigs than other gazelles and antelope by standing erect on their rear legs and stretching their elongated  necks". (taken from: thinkinghumanity.com)

On a side note, if you want to see more cool "animals you may not have know existed", check-out this link:


So essentially I'm like Alanis Morissette living in a Gerenuk world.
  
k, also known as the Waller’s gazelle, is a long-necked species of antelope found in dry thorn bush scrub and desert in Eastern Africa. The word gerenuk comes from the Somali language, meaning “giraffe-necked”. Gerenuks have a relatively small head for their body, but their eyes and ears are proportionately large. Gerenuks seldom graze but browse on prickly bushes and trees, such as acacias. They can reach higher branches and twigs than other gazelles and antelope by standing erect on their rear legs and stretching their elongate - See more at: http://www.thinkinghumanity.com/2014/07/40-animals-you-may-not-have-known-existed.html#sthash.Q7YFxSNg.dpuf
Prickly thorn bush everywhere.

Alanis Morissette, image credit: 1001covers.blogspot.ca, Gerenuk, image credit: thinkinghumanity.com

No comments:

Post a Comment