About the Genie

My photo
Suzie is a former Equity Trader, full-time Advertising and Marketing student and Mother of two teenage wonders. In her spare time she wishes for more spare time and will almost always be seen wearing Chuck Taylor Converse shoes.

Wednesday 16 March 2016

Let Your Backbone Slide


The people who know me well, know that there is only one item on my bucket list. 
When I am (God willing) a crinkly old lady in the clutches of death, on my last feeble breath, with only myself and the great unknown to reckon with, I will have but one regret.
I will not feel remorse at not having taken selfies on The Great Wall of China, I will not rage at my failure to scale Mt. Kilimanjaro, and I refuse to let the fact that my great grandchildren will not know my first name, get me down  (although this is an actual statistic which is pretty depressing). 
Nope, for me there is only breakdancing.  Yep, you read that right. 
The dream is this...
First:  I dance-slide out into a frustrated crowd of commuters in rush hour traffic, sitting in their vehicles with nothing to look forward to but laundry, dirty dishes, cranky spouses, and 5 hours of restless “sleep”. 
Then:  I stop in the now-cleared space between traffic lights and proceed to throw down fly moves, putting on a show that is both captivating, and supremely cool. 
As you can imagine, the people in their cars smile at each other in awe as they revel in the amazingness of this incredible moment. They are happy to be part of this experience, a welcomed interlude from the doldrums, and eager to tell all of their friends. 
And then:  I nonchalantly dust myself off and continue on my way as if that was the most natural thing in the world, leaving them all to wonder WTF just happened.
Then, and only then, will I have reached my potential in this life.

Now, if you recall, I did say this will be my one and only regret in life, and this is why… I come from a long line of terribly uncoordinated, devastatingly bad, anti-dancers.  Yep, never gonna happen.
But I keep right on wishing (and carrying my imaginary cardboard)
80's Breakdance.  www.tumblr.com
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment